sábado, agosto 21, 2010

JOHNNY ROTTEN, genio y figura: "I really resent the presumption that I'm going [to Israel] to play to right-wing Nazi jews," he tells me. "If Elvis-fucking-Costello wants to pull out of a gig in Israel because he's suddenly got this compassion for Palestinians, then good on him. But I have absolutely one rule, right? Until I see an Arab country, a Muslim country, with a democracy, I won't understand how anyone can have a problem with how they're treated."

O esto: "Look what punk has ended up with: Green Day," he announces. "Is that my fault? These wankers, who can pack out huge auditoriums, but are completely vacuous? Musicians who are nothing more than coat-hangers: manufactured from top to bottom. I'm offended by the things they do. I view them as something like arthritis. They say they're so punk and anti-corporations that they travel around in their own ice-cream van. Well that's bollocks. I know for a fact that it's all private jets."

Je.